Warden’s Report – Summer 2013
The generosity of our parishioners’ time, talent and treasure has been enormous this summer. We’ve been more than busy with one fundraiser after the other – we promise that they are coming to an end for this year! However, we have accomplished much.
- Strawberries for Fuel – July 13/14 – was a collaboration with four other churches (UU, St. Francis, First Church, and United Methodist), the Culinary Arts program at Waldo County Technical Center, and men from the Re-Entry Center. Together we raised a total of $1943.25 for GBAM’s Interfaith Fuel Fund.
- The Joy of Summer Raffle of the standup paddle board, generously donated by Jon Clapp. Tickets were sold at several city events and at the Game Loft. A total of $705 was raised and shared with The Game Loft.
- Belfast Street Fair – Tom and a team of parishioners set up a tent, sold lemonade and parishioner donated home baked cookies, and brought awareness to local residents of our existence! $137 was raised.
- Parishioners and visitors alike pitched in so that we can be snug and warm during the cold winter months, while conserving energy with our new and energy efficient furnace. $4,070 was raised.
- St. Margaret’s Lawn Sale – thanks to Lou Pelletier, and 13 volunteers – not to mention the donated items that filled the social hall and spilled over onto the porch and front lawn! $1,123.21 was raised.
- As many of you know, the much needed insulation is now filling the gaps that caused drafts and leakage of heated air! This has been a long awaited project and with additional window inserts, our delightful “summer chapel” should be much more fit to withstand Maine winters.
- In October we will have Diocesan Convention guests staying at some parishioners houses for B&B. Nan has some firm reservations, but we are hoping for some more and this will also be a fundraiser.
NOTE: All of the funds raised in raffle, yard sale, street fair will go into our Building Reserve Fund to help defray cost of insulation, new fans, thermal glass for window inserts, etc.