In just a few weeks St. Margaret’s observance of our 100th anniversary will bring friends, neighbors, city dignitaries and some diocesan officials as well as local clergy to celebrate with us. We plan a reception to follow Evensong on Saturday, Sept. 19, and we need your help. Organizer Susan Mayer expects as many as 150 guests.
Anne Collins and Nan Cobbey have put sign-up sheets on the Time and Talent Table for a number of hors d’oeuvres and savories including Joan Whitlock’s famous gazpacho. Please sign up to bring one or more of the foods we hope to serve. Here are some of the choices:
– Gazpacho. (Joan’s recipe is attached to the sign-up sheet.)
– Shrimp cocktail. (Non-cooks can pick up an already prepared platter at Hannaford’s.)
– Crostini. Any variety – toasted cheese, meat, olive spreads, etc. are welcome. Several suggestions with recipes are attached to the sign-up sheet.
– Stuffed mushrooms. A recipe for plum-glazed mushrooms stuffed with pork is provided.
– Fruit platters. Bring a whole platter or contribute individual fruits for a platter to be put together on site.
– Vegetable crudité platters. Bring a whole platter, or individual offerings to be assembled.
– Pâté, several varieties would be welcome, and crusty bread and crackers.
– Other. (Deviled eggs would be most welcome.)
Thank you for all contributions to this party!