Highlights of Vestry Meeting August 11, 2015
* Senior Warden Chris Urick informed the Vestry that Shelley King has resigned as Parish Administrator. Office hours will continue on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 9 a.m. to noon, until further notice. (See separate announcement.)
* A new committee on Adult Education, including Vestry members John Gregory and Mary Provo, will be meeting with Christopher+ to plan adult education programs.
* The Rev. Michael Ambler, Canon to the Ordinary, will preside at the Celebration of New Ministry at St. Margaret’s on Sunday Oct. 11 at 4 p.m., when Christopher+ will be installed as the 14th rector of St. Margaret’s.
* The Vestry is planning an overnight retreat on Oct. 30-31 at Alcyon Center on Mt. Desert Island.
* Christopher+ and the wardens will coordinate with local law enforcement before drafting a policy statement on carrying a gun at St. Margaret’s that will be brought to the Vestry next month. The Diocese is in the process of creating a policy on guns in church.
* Plans for the 100th Anniversary Evensong service and reception are moving forward. Sign-up sheets for food are on the Time and Talent table.