At its meeting on Sept. 8 the Vestry:
* Authorized payment for roof and window work from the Deferred Expense account to Northeast Building and Supply Co.
* Approved a statement on gun policy which will be released and posted after approval from the Diocese of Maine.
* Tabled action on a new constitution and bylaws for St. Margaret’s to give time for clarification of some wording. It will be voted upon at the Oct. 6 Vestry meeting and presented to the parish at the Annual Meeting Nov. 15. for acceptance.
* Accepted a gift of $1,000 from the Maine Community Foundation/Kingfisher fund given to recognize our new rector, Christopher+. The money will be split between the rector’s discretionary fund and an outreach purpose yet to be determined.
* Approved Broadreach Family and Community Services in Belfast as the beneficiary of plate offerings at the Sept. 19 100th Anniversary service of Evensong.
* Approved designating plate offerings at the Oct. 11 Celebration of New Ministry service to the rector’s discretionary fund.
* Approved using money remaining from the $8,000 that was allowed for moving expenses for refurbishment of the rector’s office.
* Heard from Buildings Chair Don Cox on a plan to keep the parish house elevator unlocked at all times, with the operating keys to be attached to a cable inside the elevator. A decision on how to proceed with repairs or replacement of stone steps and stair railings for the parish house was postponed to the Oct. 6 meeting.