God Loves a Cheerful Giver
The Vestry, Deacon Tom, and I had an overnight retreat at The Alcyon Center at Seal Cove last weekend. I want to thank the participants who took time out from busy lives to spend time together to socialize and laugh, to rest, to worship, to prepare and share food, and envision how we will continue to serve Christ and the Church through our shared parish life.
I especially appreciate those that participated in the exercises on centering prayer and the group process we shared about family systems, looking at how our backgrounds shape how we contribute to parish life and leadership. The health of a parish depends upon self-awareness and our combined commitment to working together.
We have some additional needs. Please contact the office if you have the following skills, education, or desire to serve:
- Building repair and stewardship – speak with Don Cox
- Grounds – speak with Margie Spencer-Smith
- Pastoral Care (both the committee to expand what we offer and direct care)
- Eucharistic Visitation (requires Safe Church training on the diocesan website; speak to Tom or Christopher for details)
- Beautiful handwriting for the parish register (births, deaths, marriages, confirmation, etc.)
- Occasional office support and data entry
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6-7