God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Camp Bishopswood is the camp for the Episcopal Diocese of Maine. Founded in the 1930s for girls’ athletics, it has been cared for by the diocese for over 50 years. Bishopswood’s ministry includes seven weeks of camp for youth during the summer months. The Women of St. Margaret’s have sponsored local youth, including this past summer.
Michael Douglass, Director, asked St. Margaret’s to help with their fundraising mailing for funds to replace the septic system. Several parishioners stayed after the Healing Service and Eucharist last Wednesday. Mike told me that a typical mailing would take him days to do on his own. Our group shared stories and worked efficiently, completing the mailing in 1½ hours. Several people said that they will help with the three mailings that Camp Bishopswood does each year. This is a good way for St. Margaret’s to support the youth of our diocese.
We have some additional needs. Please contact the office if you have the following skills, education, or desire to serve:
- Labyrinth – speak with Jesse Paquin if you want to be involved
- Building repair and stewardship – speak with Don Cox
- Grounds – speak with Margie Spencer-Smith
- Pastoral Care (both the committee to expand what we offer and direct care)
- Eucharistic Visitation (requires Safe Church training on the diocesan website – speak with Susan Sullivan for details)
- Occasional office support and data entry
- Mailing list removals – Calls to companies to remove names of past rectors and unnecessary parish mailings
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6-7