God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Several parishioners speak of their prayers, including prayers for each other, the parish, and for our larger community. This contributes to the health of our community of faith.
I appreciate those of you who are praying for me as your priest. You understand that my presence at St. Margaret’s is not about me, but about the Holy Spirit’s movement that brought us together last summer and for God’s work in this corner of the Body of Christ. Thank you to everyone who remembers to pray, to be positive, to pitch in where you are able, and to be kind and charitable.
We have some additional needs. Please contact the office if you have the following skills, education, or desire to serve:
* Ashes to Go – sharing with people on Ash Wednesday at the hospital and in other public places. This is a significant way to share God’s grace in our community.
* Labyrinth – speak with Jesse Paquin if you want to be involved
* Building repair and stewardship – speak with Don Cox
* Grounds – speak with Margie Spencer-Smith
* Pastoral Care (both the committee to expand what we offer and direct care)
* Eucharistic Visitation (requires Safe Church training on the diocesan website – speak with Susan Sullivan for details)
* Occasional office support and data entry
* Mailing list removals – Calls to companies to remove names of past rectors and unnecessary parish mailings
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6-7