God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Sunday’s conversation about refugees was blessed – I am convinced the Holy Spirit was present with us. Thank you to the thirty-three people who attended, absent folks who sent messages to share with the group, Paul Mazur and Juliet Baker for the presentation, Susie Kraeger and Mission Outreach and Enhancement (MORE) for the educational contributions, and to our deacon, Tom, for the Prayer for the Syrian Refugees.
Each of us has different life experiences and theology that influence how we want to respond. I appreciate the loving and respectful manner everyone held what others had to share. We influence each other and allow God’s movement to emerge. Our conversation will continue one-on-one, in group discussions, the book group that Courtney Collins is organizing, and links and updates on the parish website, News from the Pews, and the Sunday bulletin.
We have some additional needs. Please contact the office if you have the following skills, education, or desire to serve:
- Ashes to Go – sharing with people on Ash Wednesday at the hospital and in other public places. This is a significant way to share God’s grace in our community.
- Labyrinth – speak with Jesse Paquin if you want to be involved
- Building repair and stewardship – speak with Don Cox
- Creating a book with building maintenance details – speak with Larry Theye
- Grounds – speak with Margie Spencer-Smith
- Pastoral Care (both the committee to expand what we offer and direct care)
- Adult Christian Education – speak with Michael Lavender or Paul Mazur
- Children & Youth Christian Education – speak with Jillian Liversidge
- Eucharistic Visitation (requires Safe Church training on the diocesan website – speak with Susan Sullivan for details)
- Occasional office support and data entry
- Mailing list removals – Calls to companies to remove names of past rectors and unnecessary parish mailings
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6-7