MEETING OF NEWCOMERS & HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE and plans for the coming year
Chair: Kristin Frangoulis
Elaine Bielenberg, Nan Cobby, Nancy Perkins, Mary Provo, Chris Urick, Joan Whitlock, Greg Willis
This enthusiastic and creative committee met Tuesday, January 30th despite the snow. Many ideas and recommendations were brainstormed and discussed to build warm community relations at St Margaret’s – extravagant and radical hospitality.
The following are these:
- Form dinner groups
- Reinstate the global dinners, but have them quarterly
- The first global dinner is to be scheduled for March 17. Even though it is St Patrick’s Day, it shall be a Greek dinner and George and Kristin Frangoulis will present their first hand knowledge of the refugee plight on the island of Lesbos.
- Notes and follow up calls will be made to newcomers (Nan Cobby, Chris Urick, Nancy Perkins and Elaine Bielenberg).
- Greg will continue to make name buttons.
- A welcome brunch for new comers will be hosted by Nancy Perkins (a new comer herself).
- A “Come Spring Party” will be hosted by the Frangoulis family at their home. TBA
- A potluck for storytelling, modeled after NPR’s Moth Hour is being planned. Elaine will spearhead this.
- A September picnic and mass at Moose Point State Park has been recommended.
- The coffee hour rotation will eventually be taken over by this committee.
Thank you all for your warmth and vitality and fantastic ideas.
Respectfully submitted by,