- About Us
Coffee Hour Responsibilities:
1. Make 2 pots regular and 1 pot of decaf coffee and put them into the carafes. Prepare another pot of regular coffee & leave it on the warmer. There are measures for both water and coffee by the coffee maker. Make more coffee/decaf as needed. Coffee is found by the coffee maker. Recommend time to start brewing coffee 8:30 to 8:40 am.
2. Put out cups from the cabinet to the left of the coffee maker.
3. Put out the cream/half and half from the refrigerator or use what you brought.
4. Put out sugar and sweetner.
5. Put out juice glasses and juice from the refrigerator or use what you brought (check expiration dates! and please throw out anything past its prime!)
6. Put out goodies that you brought. There are plates, napkins etc in the labeled cabinets. Also check the refrigerator to see if there are any leftovers from previous coffee hours. For goodies you can bake your own or purchase. Fruit, crackers and cheese are also a good choice.
7. Please discard coffee grounds or any other compostable material in the compost bin at the end of the island near the coffee machine.
8. After the 9:00 coffee hour is over: a. put goodies in the refrigerator or freezer (label and date if freezer) b. wash cups, pots, glasses and flatware. Washing can be done by hand or in dishwasher. Instructions for running dishwasher are posted on the bulletin board over the dishwasher. c. check that the counters are clean, and that everything is put away d. make sure warming switches on the coffee maker are turned off e. dish towels can be left on the drying rack
9. Items to bring to coffee hour: a. cream/half & half
b. goodies (baked or purchased) c. juice
The Women of St. Margaretʼs provide the coffee for coffee hour please let one of them know if the supply is low.
Thank you for making our coffee hour experience a success!